Stress is the by product of your hard work and success. Social media stress can do a lot of harm starting from loss of creativity for engagement to disastrous posts posts which can put your campaign in danger. Stress not only effects your performance but also discharges you emotionally and physically.
I am a social media manager and I love my job, but stress happens!!!
Here’s how I manage stress at work:
1. Drink Water : It is important that you drink water regularly from the point you wake up. Water helps to maintain your fluid levels while working in dry environments keeping you hydrated and refreshed.
2. Take A Break : It is good to have a break after you have posted the images for the day. Walk to the watercooler , chat with your colleague or enjoy some interesting videos. It helps your mind out of the work, reduce anxiety levels and prepares you for the next assignment awaiting your best shot.
3. Create realistic goals : Always have a pad and pen by your computer and list down the tasks you have to complete for the day. Today’s dynamic environment where you have to work with multi-functional teams, task priorities changes every minute. Make sure you updated your changes and complete them as scheduled. At the end of the day when all tasks are done- Mission Accomplished !!
4. Listen to Music : Einstein made his accomplishments with Mozart playing on the background. The beat of a song can actually help you increase your enthusiasm without you even realizing it. I actually listen to my favorite tracks while working and it helps me to be focus and enhances my creative thinking. The only flaw being I respond to my co-workers only when poked!!
5. Walk around: You must have read many reports which suggest that we might reduce our age for being sitting at our desk all day( Scary!!). Walking is the most simple and quick exercise that you can do anytime during work. Exit Skype and reach out to the colleague at his or her desk, you might also walk to the cafeteria while discussing. It helps to relieve pent up stress and when you are back at your desk you would feel great.
6. Throw away your coffee mug: At office, coffee( or tea) turns out to be your sole beverage which you believe would keep tiredness at bay. Excess caffeine is known for increasing stress levels and which might decrease your productivity later. I had a tough time to loose my coffee mug, now I prefer fresh fruit juices. Every day try out a new flavor and a new experience.
7. Finish and leave early : Comfortable seats, air conditioning and free internet makes you feel like stay a little longer as you might have to go home just to sleep. I have always been the last person to leave the office, but things have improved for me after I decided to complete all my assignments and leave. Back home, I grab a copy of Satyajit Ray’s Feluda with evergreen Kishore Kumar singing in the background. Life’s awesome!!
We move into a century where the global population is connected and reachable through social media. On the same breath every enterprise wants to leverage this advantage to reach first before the competition. In such cluttered and competitive times enterprises want the best men and women battle ready – thats YOU!!
Wishing you great success in your digital marketing campaigns.